Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Charmed Love

I really like this card. I was able to use several scraps and I don't usually like the long tall cards as a rule. I used my Crop-a-dile to do the eyelets on this card and if you don't have one-why not!! I will never go back to that hammer thing again.

My biggest complaint with making this card was tying the charm on the ribbon. Since my goal is to use up all my scraps before cutting any more-including ribbon-I had to work with this piece of organdy ribbon. Ron actually held the knot while I slipped the charm on and tied another knot. All the papers are from 7 Gypsies, I think. The charm was from a pack of recalled charms last year-too much lead-but I have no kids to put them in their mouths, so kept them. Card stock is Bazzill. Ribbon is some off branded stuff from the dollar bin at Micheal's.

3 comments:

  1. So nice...I love the autumnal color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your card. I know what you mean about scraps, I must have a "TON" of them. Also, I'm putting your blog in my favorites with the other "million" that I read every day. Thanks for the inspiration.
    ~~Rita~~aka Happy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jan - what a great card! :) Yeah two daughter's with the name Courtney LOL well, I spell my other daughter's name with a K (daughter from first marriage) and the other courtney is my step-daughter and Morgan is ours together. Definitely confusing LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!