Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Whiz Kid

I just got back from Iowa. Going to see my son and daughter in law was the only reason to spend 12 freaking hours in a car with a dog, a nephew and a sofa slug. On one stretch of Interstate 80 just west of Chicago, we traveled 10 miles in a hour and a half. At least the ball game got started after a three hour rain delay-so I could listen on the radio. Some things I never want to see or smell again-orange cones, signs for crazy fireworks stores every 100 feet (even worse than the See Ruby Falls ones going south on I75), Hammond Indiana (Gary is just as smelly), bad food diners, birthplace signs for Reagan or Hoover, and more cones/detours. And no more Beach Boy music for god's sake. Why did I get him XM for THREE YEARS???

I boarded the other dog at Doggie Day Care. 21.50 a day. Plus special shots and baths. He didn't even miss me (sounds familiar). I certainly can't afford to do that again any time soon. He tends to whiz on anything that looks like it needs it, too.

This card is made using scraps and the stamps are from Great Impressions. I noticed my brads are off kilter. Just like the crazy dog. This is pretty easy to figure out and other than the coloring of the image (I make up images to take with me and color when I am bored, thus having a bunch ready to use) this card is a simple 10 minute or less creation. I used Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol because using markers in the car is a scary thought. Pencils are so much easier to control. Unlike dogs or husbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!