Sunday, June 07, 2009

Same Old-Another MI Store Is Closing.

This is a cut and paste from Scrapbook Memories email announcement. This store is in Chelsea, west of Ann Arbor just off I94 . It's a beautiful little town with an almost back in time presence. For any Jeff Daniels fans, his local theatre Purple Rose , is located in Chelsea. The scrap store had recently moved to a smaller location perhaps to stave off the inevitable in Michigan these days. And for fans of Jiffy Mix (all your grammas used this or Bisquick, right?) , yup, products of Chelsea and the building is one of the first you see going into the downtown area.


"As some of you may have heard, I have decided to close Scrapbook Memories. I was offered an opportunity to work for my sister in Reno Nevada. She offered me a job a couple of months ago and I have decided it would be a great move for me. I have sent out invitations to anyone that I had an address for in my data base. So you may be receiving an invitation to come in and shop before I announce it in the newspapers. The sale will start on Thursday the 11th of June. I have had the store for 10 years and have met many nice people who are now my friends and I will miss everyone of you. I plan on being on the road ( yes I am driving) July 27th to Reno so the sale will go up to the time I leave. Unfortunately there isn't another scrapbook store around the area so I am recommending The Scrapbook Zone in Farmington Hills or Scrapbook Mania in Canton to buy your scrapbook supplies or if you need somewhere to crop. Hey we might luck out and someone will come in and buy my store before it closes..."

If you get in the area or know of someone living in the vicinity, tell them to drop by for a few deals. I unfortunately won't be making the drive unless I can stop by on the way back from seeing my son in Iowa. It's about an hour and a half drive for me from my home.

ETA-Please always check the sidebar for local openings, closing and anything in between like name changes. I try to keep up on the rumors and actuals as best I can. I no longer drive to most stores and rely on newsletters and actual contact with site and store visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!