Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Jalopy

Remember the movie Cheaper By The Dozen? No, not that awful remake, but the original? I could watch that every day and never get tired of it. My bestest friend Peggy came from a family of 14 kids (one actually was born a month after I had my daughter Courtney!) and I wanted to be one of them. No matter how bad things were-and there were some life altering events in their family-they still loved each other. It was the same with the Gilbreth family. Just once I would have loved to go touring in their car. And had the sing along. And wore those cool dresses. This card reminds me of that time.
I believe this is a Gray Wolf stamp and sadly , he does not have a website. The designer is located here in Michigan and he does a lot of the scrap or stamp shows in the Midwest. Your local stamp store could order for you or do a google search. He makes lots of cars, trucks and wonderful realistic animal stamps.

I did a couple of layers distressed in ink and roughed up a bit. The vellum is also inked as I wanted a burned look with out the smell. Coloring with Prismacolors and gamsol, and even a distressed look on the car as it is old and been out in the elements. Lastly, a couple of buttons tied with jute. This would be perfect for a Father's Day card or a retirement card or a card to wish a laid off GM worker the best (but I think this is a Ford). I would even tuck a GC inside as most of the laid off aren't going back on the line and will need some help soon.

1 comment:

  1. Great truck image. I have one similar and haven't used it in forevah! I like the scrap underneath...neat-o idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!