Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tea Cup

A real quickie as it's too soggy to play with my stuff tonight. I think we have had four inches of rain so far and my yard is a mud bowl. It will have to stay dry for a week to let me get the area cleaned up and seeded. Thanks to the dog digging craters and his constant pacing, I have no grass.

This card is made using brass stencils run thru a die cutter with a rubber thingie. It's way quicker to emboss this way than with a light box. I then cut out the pieces and layered them to make a tea cup filled with flowers. The flowers were rolled a bit and sanded on the edges as was the cup. Base card used a circle Nestie in the same manner. A bit of ribbon was tucked in the teacup.

The side ribbon was wrapped around the card and taped inside. I then hand tied a small bow of the the same ribbon and snot dotted it. I simply can't tie a bow well and cheated. See, I am honest. I suck at bows. A small metal message charm was then glued to the lower edge. Since this card is pretty dark in spots, click the photo for more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!