Thursday, February 19, 2009

H For Help?

Or halitosis or hubris or hell heck holy hit the fan crap. Take your pick. I am in such a pissy mood tonight (putting new virus protection on 3 computers, too much chat on the phone, having a return from hell at Hobby Lobby AND Ruby Tuesday doing away with the best veggie burger in the world-want to guess which one pissed me off the most?) I was hoping to get the rest of my Christmas cards photographed and on the blog. Yeah , Christmas cards. Then maybe I might add the winter ones, valentines and bring myself up to Lent, when I give up Internet shopping and peanut butter. Maybe I won't this year-start a new trend?

This is another lost file-I am not really good about putting photos in files that make sense. this was listed under a date, not a name. It's from last summer, I think and while simple, that chalk ink is what made it right for me. I don't use the chalk inks enough, preferring my Tim Holtz Distress inks or VersaFine. I used a large background stamp on light purple to place 2/3rds of the image on the card stock. I also edged this piece in gold ink as is the base card of dark purple . Layer them. Then stamp the letter you wish to use on a small piece of scrap card stock and edge this in gold, too. Another scrap of card-this time it's black texture (with the edges roughed a bit and then inked in gold) and pop dot this to the front. One of those curly Q's is tied with a silken scrap of ribbon and added to the corner. Pretty simple and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!