Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hugs and Kisses

This was made from scraps. For any of you come-back visitors, you will notice that I used the same mesh-like ribbon on this card that I used on my snowman card a few weeks back. I have about 2 yards, so have to make some other cards to use it up.

Basically, I just folded a dark bluish purple piece of card stock for the base and added a small piece of polka dotted print paper which I used Distress Inks on the edges in Denim. I wish it were a bit more purple but it blends in pretty well. Then I attached the meshy ribbon on the back of the dotted paper with scotch tape and layered it on the base.

So the Primas have kept me busy!!! Can we say addiction, kiddies? I think I am close to having some of each color and style. And then I also go to Joann's or Micheal's and buy silk flowers and tear them up too! I tried to vary the sizes and colors for this and then added a bit of Stickles inside the majority of them. I found these little jewelry tags at Office Depot for 99 cents a bunch. Just a one word stamp culled from a My Sentiments Exactly alphabet set and a bit of glitter on them too and stuck them under a larger flower by the strings. I had thought of attaching them with thin ribbon but the string fit more with the meshy ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Sure wish I could see the card closer, it seems dark here, I'd LOVE to see all the details you've put into it!
    Those tags are cute. I think I have some laying around somewhere, you've inspired me to get them out!
    That ribbon would be great for doing the glitter lace technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!