Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another Scrap/Stamp Store is Closing :(

I never heard of this store until tonight so have no opinion of it, but it's still sad. Scrappin & Stampin Paradise in Macomb, Mi is a victim of the ungodly economy here in Michigan. As many of you know, my home state leads the US in percentage unemployed at almost 13% and the city of Detroit is now over 25%.

Please support your mom and pop stores. Even a few dollars a week will help them. I don't care what they are selling, if you need it or want it, think of your neighbors first instead of big box. I just saw the furniture store close where my grandparents bought their first chair after coming to the United States back in the 1920's. My son bought his bed there when he first moved away from home about 10 years ago. 4 generations. Local shopping is good, even if it's small here and there purchases.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Thx for entering my blog candy. Good luck!! If you don't mind could you please post a link on your blog to spread the word about my blog candy. Thx!

    I've never heard of Finian's Rainbow :o( Will add this movie to my list of movies to watch. Thx!

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jan,
    In honor of National Scrapbook Day, I'm going to visit the Scrap Book Peddler this afternoon. Have a great day!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!