Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sunflower Fair Morning

This was a Make and Take at Stacey's October Open House in Fowlerville. It was fun using the Scor-It Board for something other than scoring cards in half. We did the lines along the bottom and top. The flower was done with multiple ink pads by tapping lightly on the stamp for shading effects. This again is one of those 5 minute cards-the only thing that might take longer is for the glue to dry on the fabric leaves. The leaves come in lots of colors-cream, dark green, black, silver and gold. I wish there had been red! Or orange! If I am not mistaken, the leaves fibers are from May Arts. I got several feet of each.


I think you could use any large flower format for this card and have it come out nice and vibrant. I am going to try it with a leaf collage and possibly with a Pine tree since I have so many pine stamps. I just want to get the variants in the colors on the flora.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!