Wednesday, November 01, 2006

John Deere


How many summers did I spend climbing on the haystacks and rolling in the lofts in the barn? I remember going to the chicken coop each morning and trying to gently steal the hen's production without getting my eyes pecked out! I hated being the one to go and would beg my sister to do it for me. She wasnt the coward I was.

My winter of 2ND grade was a turning point for me as far as animals and my relationship to them. I choked on a chicken bone and I felt it was a sign. I decided I could no longer eat them-which led to quite a strife in my home life. Being all meat eaters, my family thought I was a freak and still do to this day-I only ate tomato soup and cheese sammies for weeks until I no longer was eating anything. My parents took me to a shrink who messed with my head even more.

I found refuge sitting out in the field on the John Deere tractor about a mile from the farm house. No one looked for me and I could talk to the cows and field mice and felt I was one of them. I still to this day feel more at peace with furry creatures than I do with humans.

This card was composed of the tractor stamp from Stampin' Up Times and Seasons. All the papers are from my stash and the ribbon was something my cat had found and I traded for some catnip! The small flower brads are from Making Memories and the inks are Tim Holtz Distress inks which I applied with a water brush. I used a dimensional acrylic to highlight the fruits and veggies-my favorite food choices. Eat your veggies and meet me at the tractor under the willow tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!