Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Iowa Visits Frankenmuth

See, I didn't forget about you. I know it's been a month and not a whole lot has changed. Sofa slug is still slugging. Still retired. Still on my last nerve. Still with no pension checks-we are now due two. We are down to $16 bucks in my wallet and whatever he has stashed in his (probably lint). Holy crap, I forgot about the pop cans I have been toting around for weeks-that will give up maybe $3.20-enough to drive me to the funny farm!

I made a promise to myself not to touch our "oh my god!" fund. So unless something happens between now and the 2oth, I will have to stab myself and then hub can do whatever he wants. I paid all our bills up to date until Dec. 20th. That is when the credit card we are living on is due. I never pay just a bit-I always paid in full. So Santa, if you have an IN with those people at Fidelity, kick their butts into gear, will ya? And send a piece of coal to Slug Boy, who messed up first.

So look who showed up for Thanksgiving Dinner-Grizzly Adams and this woman he hypnotized and who was crazed enough, she married him. Yup, this is my baby boy. The last time I saw him, he was clean shaven and getting wedded. We were supposed to meet up last year for a weekend in Chicago, but that just didn't happen. So this year, the weather was decent and since the men folk ain't working much right now, Grizzly decided to come to see the "Old Country". Sadly, we never made the midnight trip to downtown Flint for a coney at Angelo's . Probably for the best, as the bullets were flying.

On Friday, as we tried to round everyone up for a trip to "Little Bavaria" (and only 4 of us made it), we hit up Mega Coney and then gassed up the new blue 5 seater, only to have the dippy woman next to us smack the crap out of the left front fender with her car door and not say a word. We sat there frozen. How rude. She looked right in our face, too. And sat behind us at the diner.

Frankenmuth , for the unsuspecting, is gorgeous this time of year. It was the annual candle walk and not too cold. We slubbed thru Bronner's . I never want to hear a call for photo ops with Santa again-I don't care if they are free.

Then we had to find a potty-and shop-and potty-and shop-and play checkers. When we had trolled up and down the street and found the lines had died down, we decided to eat. The Bavarian Inn had a Vegan/Vegetarian menu! Smack me with some lederhosen (preferably worn by Johnny Depp!-or maybe still wearing with nothing else.) So several hours later, we waddled out of the Inn and I took the above photo by a sleigh. We had enough leftovers for another meal-but we bought no fudge. How did that happen?

My 'puter may be on its last breath-acting up and I think the cd-rom drive burned out today because it would not shut off (there was no disc in it either).I will have to wait until the checks come or the stimulus comes from the "man". So it might be a while-should this piece of crap Dell not boot tomorrow. But I have my stuffs backed up. See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!