Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Love and Romance

I did another single card swap in February and knew I wanted to use black and red as I have been on a rampage with those two colors lately. This card was actually the third try. I was not happy with my first attempt with chipboard. I think it was because the chipboard was already sealed and shiny and I wanted to paint it first. The embossing just didn't look right on it after. So I found some naked chipboard letters in my stash. These turned out much better but I did end up having to buy another pack of them at Joann's as I needed to make a complete card and also send the elements for the recipient to make two more if she wished or she could also use the items for some completely different card. I do wish the recipient would post anything she makes that is different to mine to see how other minds work but its not required.

Basically I painted the chipboard V using Making Memories Acrylic paint and then stamped the chip using a Hero Arts Love Heart text stamp in black and embossed using clear detail embossing powder to tone down the blackness. I also embossed the edges of the chip too. I backed the V with a small remnant of Scrapbook Walls dotty paper. The main base of the card is black topped with a corner piece of this fantastic filigree edges paper which comes in black, cream, red, pink and green choices. I just don't remember the name of the company because I went back to get some more and it was all gone in the black, so I am coming up with an idea for the green one. I like how it's lined like ledger paper. I used two pieces of silk ribbon topped with a piece of Ric RAC crossed underneath the chipboard and then I stamped and cut out in detail the "You're Special" saying from Inkadinkado. I tried it on cream but it blended in too much so it worked with the white better. I just loved the Victorian feel of this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!