Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Vintage Easter

The lighting on this card is not great. I wish I had the time to re shoot it but I am so behind now . The colors on this card are very vivid and the ribbon seems to enhance them. I was shooting at night in my kitchen using the stove overhead lighting. It looks like the sun is blazing behind it tho.

This card used scraps and stickers for a change. The sticker sheet had a bunny on it holding the carrot but the bunny looked drunk. I cut him off and pop dotted the carrot at the bottom. I layered several colors of papers after edging them in robin egg blue for a distressed look. The ric rac was a last minute add on-I thought the gauzy organza multicolored ribbon would be enough but it needed a little more intense color. It's really pretty close up and the layering shows more in person too. I am not much into Easter anymore-I used to love making pretty dresses for my daughter along with a hat like my gramma did for me-but littles grow up and styles really change. This card is a throwback to the cards my gramma purchased for me in the early 60's. I still have them all and will treasure them forever.

3 comments:

  1. This is so fun Jan! I haven't seen stickers used so well in a long time. That ribon is gorgeous and pops right off the card at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cute little card! Ric-rac is fun...looks great here :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your easter card is so sweet! It doesn't look like the typical size either? The ric rac really makes it pop. TFS and for visiting my blog!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!