Monday, November 29, 2010

Old St.Nick

This is another in the style of vintage nostalgia similar to my last posting. I did this about a year ago, too. As before, these are printed on an ink jet printer.


This close up is to show you where the icy glitter is placed. You will also see the puffy snow-like paint around the sign St Nick is holding.


If you want vintage images, try Googling for them. Many are free. There are also a few companies that sell discs full of them by themes such as Twisted Papers. I even found some in the embroidery aisle a few years ago at Joann's.  Whatever works. Scraps were used for layering and some cheesy old edge punch (really badly punched) from Fiskars completed the card.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful vintage card! I love that snow effect, and the glitter is perfectly placed. This is a great image. I usually don't like the older vintage images of Santa. . .they always look scary to me LOL, but this one is really nice! Thanks for visiting me! I hope you have a joyous Christmas Jan! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!