Monday, May 24, 2010

Hold My Heart

I raid the Iris cart whenever I can. One rule is never cut up a new sheet of designer paper unless you can take two from the cart. The striped middle piece was new but everything else is from the cart that no matter how much I use it, it never gets much emptier.

There is no stamping on this card. I used a rub on for the phrase on the heart and sticker letters (Thickers, I think) for the Love word. The punch is from Ek Success. Chipboard is from a drawer full of shapes that I long ago took the outer packaging from. I just can't stand all that extra stuff they put to make things look pretty on the shelf and I usually take it apart when I get home. The small red heart is a sticker I think from about 6 years ago. I don't usually like acrylic stickers as they get hard and then fall off or crack. I am hoping this one won't as it's backed with something substantial.

Here is a close up of the heart that I covered with some paper scrap then used a nail file to smooth the edges. I am pretty sure all the papers were Basic Grey but don't hold me to it. The ribbon scrap-can you believe it's a Christmas color? When did pink become Christmasy??? I got the roll for 10 cents in January. Love those clearance sales! Use up your scraps, people. Ya never know what might happen.

1 comment:

  1. You know that I love this...Bittersweet here (yum!) with the pretty scrappy accents. Great card Jan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!