Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hum It Again.

I have a horrible headache. I think I was gritting my teeth as I seethed over how long electronics don't last. We purchases an indoor antenna so we could watch the local news when the waves went digital and added it at the same time as the digital box. The antenna shorted out tonite. We aren't using the digital box anymore as we had to buy a new TV a few weeks ago. At least that had some life. 14 years. I use things until they die, even if they aren't cool. Guess that is why one pair of my shoes is over 30 years old. So the antenna is under warranty-if we send it back to GE, they send up a new one. Trouble is, postage would cost about 15 bucks. So that is why I hate this crap. It died. It was defective. GE should eat it. And send a new one. GM doesn't ask me to ship my car back if it needs warranty work, they pay for the tow truck. Jeez.

These are Great Impression stamps. I really, really like them because they offer a deal if you buy one you get the featured SOTM half off. That flower above was half off. I also used it on this card. The images were colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I also inked the punched scalloped circles with Distress Ink. The scrap bucket rules!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, Sorry about your TV antenna. What a hassle! I also use things until they die, and then I'm in such culture shock when I go to get something new because it has been so long and everything has changed! I really like your card today. That hummingbird is so nicely colored and happily reminds me of the hummingbirds we've had as regular visitors this summer in the backyard. I also like the flower stamp and how well it accents that DP. Very pretty card; tfs. Hope your headache eases; I suffer migraines and can empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Jan! Love that mix of stamps and the DP! Got your IRAKs today! And OMG...I love the baby stamps (esp. the Avery one!). You are far too silly sending me all that...thanks though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!