Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wishing You Well

I found this card in a baggie of stuff. It must be at least 2 years old. Thinking I must have made it at Karen's when I was still going there on Friday's for Make and Takes, I sometimes contemplate going over there just to see what is up but the whole "business" of that business makes me sad. I miss my buds Pat and Joann but the store and owner are no longer in my compass readings.

This card used a textured base card and a torn layer of mulberry paper-something I don't use a lot but should drag out more often. A Sizzix tag was die cut and stamped with what I think is a Hero Arts double stamp background in pink and light green and over stamped with a flower stamp that I used Marvy markers painted right on the stamp. To make it moist, I "huffed" after adding the inks to the raw stamp.

Cutting a small square, I used one of the Marvy pens to edge the square and then punched a small hole near the top. Here is where I stamped my phrase image-a Hero Arts mini stamp. Tying both the tags together using some fibers, I draped them gracefully to the side. Pop dots hold the tag to the card at an angle.


Simple, elegant and a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!