Friday, July 27, 2007

Ticket To Love

Plain is plain. White is plain. Isn't it grand what you can do with colors to something so plain as a white sheet of card stock? This was a card I made at spring stamp camp at Stamp Image Studio and the idea was either Stacey's or her mom's. There is just so much going on with this card, that I have to post several photos to get all the info to you.

Here is the finished card with a bit of a side angle. It was starting to get dark when I photographed it, so the colors are a bit more vivid close up. I wanted you to see the full card before I went into the details. This is plain white card stock scored using the Scor-it board. Nothing special like texture or gloss.

For this base card, we used several stamps from the Inkadinkado stamp line that comes to stamp and scrap stores with a "buy two get one free" special every month. The flourish stamp is item number 96129 but this type of design is showing up in many stamp lineups, even SU has one this catalog. But I love the Inkadinkado stamps because they are affordable and fun (actually I don't think I have found a stamp company I didn't like at least a few images if it's on wood).

I used all Tim Holtz Distress Inks with this card and on the flourish stamp I used Weathered Wood all over the white card. I just turned it here and there in a pleasing pattern. I then used Tattered Rose and Peeled Paint to swirl lightly over the paper. Each person would get a different look depending on how they swirled. I edged the card to distress it more in Antique Linen. Tearing a small piece of Basic Grey, I also rubbed the inks over this, but edged this with Vintage Photo. I set both aside for now.For the ticket stub, I cut a piece of Basic Grey or use other patterned card stock and rub it up with ink. Then take a large ticket punch (McGill maybe) and punch out a ticket in the same white you used for the base card. Using Tattered Rose again, stamp a background of hearts or some similar large stamp image, over stamp this with a script type verse stamp image in Tea Dye and over stamp that with Love stamp from Inkadinkado item 96124. You can swirl a little linen ink over the whole thing. Layer the ticket on the piece of Basic Grey and find a pleasing way to lay this and the other torn piece on the center of the card
Next I took a plain silver brad that was HUGE!! Just use some generic one. Karen Foster also makes some like this. I rubbed it across a Versamark pad and got it juicy with ink and immediately dipped it into Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder-Vintage Photo. The textures on these are so wonderful and if you haven't used them, just buy one jar and give it a try. They do not heat up smooth, so if that happens to you, you are heating way too long. They will be rough and if some flakes off, it is supposed to! I clipped off the prongs as close as possible because I was going to pop dot it. When it had cooled, I added a piece of tied gingham ribbon behind it, and a punched out primitive heart from a Basic Grey scrap was attached with all purpose glue to the top. Just pop dot it into place. Here is a straight on look at the card so you may get a better look at all the distressing and aging. I thought this card was so incredible the day I made it and I am so happy I was able to take the camp and have such fun. Can Fall stamp camp be far behind?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!