Add two or three small brads at the bottom right. Then take a lenghth of ribbon and tie or use a Trio to lay across the top. If you use the Trio, then use another scrap to fake tie a bow and snot dot it on the right. Ta da! Easy as pie.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Sunday, December 30, 2007
A textured card base was lined with three pieces of patterned card stock. All the edges were inked. The bottom was scalloped using a corner rounder (use whatever size you have-I have three different ones). Butt the pieces on the front. Add a paper posey and a leaf or two to the left side. Stamp out a get well phrase of choice and cut to fit-edge with ink and pop dot to the right of the flower.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Friday, December 28, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Fold card. Ink sides. Place scrap along bottom. Trio a ribbon piece across the seam. Punch out several sizes of circles. Ink edges. Pop dot some and glue others. Place some acrylic snowflakes from Cloud 9 randomly. Again, fake snow I like. Real stuff-not.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
It must be the hair!
Monday, December 24, 2007
- I lived with my grandparents next door my entire life and often if it weren't for them, we as kids would have had no Christmas gifts at all. My dad was laid off for up to three years once ( truck driver) and it was often bleak.
- Our house caught fire one Christmas Eve. The local store owner's son (my gramma lived above the shop next door to us), who was about 12, was what was then called an incorrigible. He was upset and he had a book of matches. He saw our basement window was open and he threw lit ones in and it ignited the clothing my mom has separated on the floor before washing. I think this is part of my phobia about dark basements to this day. We moved to the house in front of this one in January and I spent a week with my sister and brother at Gramma's-a treat for me! (but I lost my favorite Jammie's in the fire). I think this boy was just lonely as his mom was gone.
- One year, I wrapped a small token in a box for my dad and re-wrapped it at least a dozen times to make it look bigger and bigger. I got yelled at for wasting wrapping paper. My grampa thought it was funny and folded the papers for later use but it still made me sad. I only had a small amount of money to myself and we bought all our stuff at the dime store.
- I did the same thing for my brother one year. I wrapped a package of batteries in a box all nice and elegant. When he unwrapped it, he pitched a fit. Like why did I give him such a crappy gift. I then sent him to the garage to get a box for the scraps of paper and he found his real gift-a boom box. Guess I wasn't so bad at gifting after all.
- The first year we were in our own house, my hubby dressed up as Santa in 1973. My niece was almost two then and she just gaped and giggled. Now he has a real Santa belly. All those cookies will do it to you. I didn't make any this year-YET!
- One year my mom gave me a lottery ticket for my birthday a week before Christmas and I won 50 bucks! I went to Joann's and bought fabric and patterns and made an entire school wardrobe for my niece. I think I was able to make her 5 jumpers, 4 pants, a winter coat, leggings, underwear and a bunch of blouses. I sewed it all by hand. Her parents were in a divorce and I wanted to give her something special.
- I don't participate in Christmas in the traditional sense anymore. 10 years ago a lot of things happened. My mom was sick, her house caught fire, I hurt my back trying to clean it up (with only my daughter for help), then I got extremely sick. I tried to keep up and do it all and I couldn't. So I stopped all the dinner stuff, the shopping stuff and the greed in my life. I give gifts when I want to not because I have to. I will always hurt over the things that were said to me that Christmas. I also found that giving anonymously is a better way because no one knows who I am or why I did it. It just works for me that way-that maybe Christmas isn't one day but all year. Just few seem to know that much these days.
As I look forward to a new year and warmer days, I hope the joy you see on your childrens' faces will always be there. Just don't take it for granted.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
The newest winner is SmilynStef.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Anyone with cats will like this . Anyone who doesn't have cats knows why they don't........
Thanks JenBen (moving at Christmas with three kids-and cats)
- On the first day of Christmas when I brought home my tree my 12 cats were laughing at me.
- On the second day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the third day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the fourth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the fifth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the sixth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 6 fallen angels 5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the seventh day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 7 half dead rodents 6 fallen angels 5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the eighth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 8 shattered ornaments 7 half dead rodents 6 fallen angels 5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the ninth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 9 chewed through light strings 8 shattered ornaments 7 half dead rodents 6 fallen angels 5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the tenth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 10 tinsel hairballs 9 chewed through light strings 8 shattered ornaments 7 half dead rodents 6 fallen angels 5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me
- On the eleventh day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree 11 broken branches 10 tinsel hairballs 9 chewed through light strings 8 shattered ornaments 7 half dead rodents 6 fallen angels 5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
- On the twelfth day of Christmas I looked at my poor tree 12 cats a-climbing 11 broken branches 10 tinsel hairballs 9 chewed through light strings 8 shattered ornaments 7 half dead rodents 6 fallen angels 5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.
Cover the insides of the portfolio pockets about 2/3rds of the way up with scrap papers and cover the seams with long stickers or even ribbon will work. The front was layered with a textured and distressed scrap of card stock and another remnent of patterned paper. Again, use a long sticker or piece of ribbon across the front. I took stickers and placed them on scrap white paper and then cut to conform to the shape-this gives them some thickness. I layered them using pop dots and with Scrappy Glue, added my snowflake glitter on the gifts and ribbon sticker.
Here is the portfolio filled with the cards along with their matching envelopes and inside cellophane protectors. The envelopes below were made with an Ellison die and the patterned paper is the INSIDE liner, with the flaps folded out so you could see them better. Just flip it folded the other way and it's on the inside.
Check your local scrap store to see if they have a die for envelopes. If you buy the paper, you usually can use the die cut machine free. If not-and I see some stores are now charging 25 cents a cut-skip this and just fold them yourself. There are lots of templates for envelopes free on line. Make your liner about a 1/4 inch smaller and slip inside the completed envelope and only glue the top edge before folding over.
I now am working on wine bottle holders-and am tempted to drink the wine myself. I bought a couple bottles of Halloween wine and still have them corked. Anybody want to bring some cheese and share? It's Michigan wine-and whine.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Send me your address thru the link under my profile.
Yoga! Yoga! Yoga!
As with the previous card, I used Scrappy Glue with my glitter on top of the sticker to look like piled snowflakes.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
Sunday, December 16, 2007
PS-the weirdest things I ever truly had in my fridge were dead kitties. My daughter worked for a vet in High School and he gave her some dead kitty fetuses to take to science class. I had to warn anyone not to go poking too much and that they were not some new appetizers. Some of you didn't even answer my poser and next giveaway, you gotta answer or not entry. I am must too nosy to stand pat with ha ha funny funny. You are being warned! Ha Ha Funny Funny.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Friday, December 14, 2007
WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 WEIRDEST THINGS IN YOUR FRIDGE?
To start it off, I will list mine--
- Tzatziki-Greek yogurt-cooling with spicy food.
- Pickled asparagus-very garlicky
- Unsweetened soy milk-hate the flavored ones
- Roasted Mole-not sure why I bought this yet
- A moldy baby watermelon-I forgot I bought it.
Rules-post here only and one per person-do not email me your list. If you post anonymously, you need to check back on Dec 15, because too many people are not leaving me a way to contact them-and stuff goes unclaimed. DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL HERE-spammers troll the blogs for just that thing. If you want to post a photo of your fridge, email it to me or a link to a photo of it. Either way is fine. I will try to get a photo of my innard cooler if I have time.
BTW-if you say katsup and mustard for this, so not acceptable! Please tell me you are more adventuresome than that!
This will stay at the top until December 14, so if you are looking for other stuff, look on the side bar for posts. I will draw at Midnite Dec 15-pay day!
- 1 - Barenaked Ladies - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- 2 - The Weepies - All That I Want
- 3 - Sarah McLachlan - Silent Night
- 4 - Matt Wertz - What Child Is This
- 5 - Liily Frost - Skating On The River
- 6 - Oh Susanna - Go Tell It On The Mountain
- 7 - Medieval Baebes - The Holly & The Ivy
- 8 - The Be Good Tanyas - Rudy
- 9 - Barenaked Ladies - Elf's Lament
- 10 - Melissa McClelland - O-Holy Night-MST
- 11 - Jars Of Clay - Hibernation Day
- 12 - Sarah McLachlan - Wintersong
- 13 - Martha Wainwright - Merry Christmas And Happy New Year
- 14 - Kyle Andrews - Under The Misteltoe
- 15 - Leigh Nash - The First Noel
- 16 - Sarah McLachlan - The First Noel_Mary Mary (DJ Shah Remix)
On Sunday I will put up the photos of the cool card thing I am working on. I don't like the ribbon on it. But I am too lazy to change it and rephotograph it. But I want to get this contest out of the way by then. If you still haven't entered, you need to. Cool box of goodies-maybe even two or three. Then I will blog out for a while, I think.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
This card is a Stacey idea. I went to her winter open house a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast as usual. Using a circle punch on shimmer paper behind a plain punched circle, I made the base for my stamped image to come. Fiskars has all sorts of circle punches and edges I like but they are expensive. I wish they had one with running shoes. This tree stamp is from Stacey's own stamp line called Sweet Impressions Stamps. (did you notice the initials of her store and stamps are the same? SIS!) If you visit her website and see any you like, ring her up and order some. She also had grab bags that she takes to conventions. Better yet, if you are within an hour or so, go to the store a hop skip and skip off I96 east of Lansing. I might even meet ya there! And we can go to the Bloated Goat after! (um, they don't have a website but the same name site is porn, so don't go there-unless you like XXX of course. Fowlerville is a so small town, I wonder if they know what XXX is?)
So on the stamp image, we used scented powder! It was pine and oh so wonderful and long lasting! Just some clear embossing ink and covered with powder and heat set. I then used puffy paint and sprinkled it with micro glitter from Great Impressions , Let it sit for about 30 seconds and heat set it until puffy making sure not to burn it. Use a lower heat setting on your embossing gun.
I then stamped a phrase on the lower part under my layered tree and covered it with a sheer piece of ribbon that I taped on the back. Pretty simply and very elegant.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
I keep my tofu and some veggies in the bottom as its particularly cold in the crisper's. I never put lettuce there tho because it freezes it. I do think I have some limp celery in there too-I can crisp it up in ice water later. So now that I am hungry, I am gonna make a peanut butter and horseradish pita Sammy-don't laugh as it's very good. Add some crispy lettuce for fiber too.
I forgot to photograph the blog candy for my giveaway, so maybe tomorrow. It will be worth it, so make sure you enter here .
Monday, December 10, 2007
I have never been to this one-it's really out of the way and hard to find. If you are in lower eastern Michigan (the thumb and below), give them a call and go get some bargains.
So so sad.
I took these photos the day before Halloween. We put our lawn furniture away right after that. It was a strange fall as it stayed so nice in October here in Michigan. We are making up for it now. The snow and cold this month alone are much more than the last 4 -5 years. I cannot remember the last time we had to shovel snow this early-meaning more than an inch or two. I also don't remember my flowers staying in bloom this long either. I have other photos I took two days before Thanksgiving on my front porch that have flowers in bloom but it was sheltered from the elements.
ETA-we have enough crap weather to make up for this pretty photo since Thanksgiving's ice storm. If the sun ever shines, I will go take photos of my potted plants to show you the diff. Other than the pots the new dog ate! I got my heat bill today and it's twice as much as November and half the rooms are shut off in the house. I think come February, it will be tripled what it is now. I have my heat in the house when I am home alone at 62F and still can't keep the bills low. Consumers Energy is such a wanker!
Sunday, December 09, 2007
If you receive one of these messages, contact your cell phone provider and file a complaint. Contact the FCC and file a complaint. Put your cell phone on the Do Not Call list (your home phone should already be listed-unless you are crazy and like that sort of crap). Enough of this garbage into our lives!
- 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? How about garbage bags? Donation bags really.
- 2. Real tree or Artificial? No tree-I have cats! Trees belong outside.
- 3. When do you put up the tree? When I plant one in the spring in my yard.
- 4. When do you take the tree down? When hubby runs over one with the mower.
- 5. Do you like eggnog? Eeeewwwww! Raw eggs??? Eeeewwwww!
- 6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie Dreamhouse-made from cardboard. $3.00 at Kmart
- 7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes-giving it to son and his wife for their new house-its' very old.
- 8. Hardest person to buy for? George Bush-you can't buy brains.
- 9. Easiest person to buy for? Myself-but I don't like to shop much.
- 10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Padded toilet seat
- 11. Mail or e-mail Christmas card? checks or Paypal-for my donations.
- 12. Favorite Christmas Movie? (alas, no dvd yet)The Gathering
- 13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? What-August dog days isn't early enough?
- 14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? my Barbie Dream House-it made good garden mulch
- 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Rutabagas and Tofurkey
- 16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I love golden topaz on anything
- 17. Favorite Christmas song? Merry Christmas Darling by the Carpenters
- 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home and watch A Christmas Story over and over on TBS
- 19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? yup-and all the characters on the Rudolf cartoon too.
- 20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? I mostly had a cat or two-but the tree was always spread all over the family room floor .
- 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Um-I sleep in until the NBA game comes on at 1PM
- 22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People have forgotten the real reasons for the winter holidays-a season of hope for all religions.
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Friday, December 07, 2007
So how about another of my infamous sticker cards? I do stamp but have to actually sit down and color the images. Just not in the mood lately. So this one is easy if you have lots of scraps and like serendipity squares. I double layered under each of the word stickers and single layered under each punchie flower.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
A close up of the pull out from the pocket. While only one side is decorated, you could do both-I just had limited paper.
The last two pages of the book-there are tons of possibilities to add photos and ephemera to this book. The back was covered with one printed piece of matching paper. I guess I should try and make some more with a little more eclectic look to it. I have tons of scraps and other oddities. I might actually need some photos too.
I see how badly I cut my paper in this one to make the pocket on the side with the two tags with ribbons. Most of the pieces are inked on the edges.
Lengths of ribbon were staples in places-some to cover seams. Please come back to the next posting with more photos.